Tuesday, September 8, 2009

September 8, 2009

Q is for quilt.

This quilt is very special to me. 7 years ago my Grandma Gregory passed away ..about 6 months before I got married. She was going to make me a quilt with daisies on it because that is my favorite flower. She wasn't able to make the quilt before she died.
My Grandpa went to his church one night when they were holding an auction raising money for missions. They sold several quilts that ladies in the church had made.
My Grandpa bid and won this quilt for me. Giving it to me as a wedding present, just like Grandma was going to do. And the best part... My Grandma had actually made this quilt..her signature is even on the back. And I think they look like daisies..don't you?!
My Grandpa isn't a man of many words, and he doesn't show a lot of emotion, but this was the best present he could have given me for my wedding!
I can't wait until I have a little girl so I can put this on her bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment