Saturday, April 10, 2010

yard work

Ok...so Kellie talked me into leaving some pictures...she is just so good at that :)
We did some yard work today. This is the first time we have ever done this. We didn't get around to it last year with just buying the house and having a baby..it just wasn't at the top of our list of things to do.
Well This year we decided to tackle it. Now...we do not have green thumbs, and aren't the best at knowing what goes best where, but we tried, and we now will see if it lives or not! lol
We ran out of mulch and flowers, hopefully if the weather is still nice tomorrow we will make another trip to Lowes.


My hanging flower pot. Aunt Pat got that for me for Easter.
We planted some ornamental grass, some green leafy plant, and impatients.


This whole area was set for mulch when we bought the house. I thought it was too big so Justin dug it up and spread grass seed. There is some new grass popping up! (and you can see towards the end of the house where we ran out of mulch.)
Now we need to get some sort of stones/bricks for the edge of the mulch.
but we are taking baby steps. There are so many projects we have for the house, but time and money are def. a factor. At times I wish I had a "real" job so we had more money to get this stuff done, but I enjoy being a stay at home mom with a babysitting job. House stuff can wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment